Today automation is driving efficiency and productivity. Check here about eCommerce fulfillment automation and the reasons for embracing it now.
Online retail sales were expected to reach $6.51 trillion by 2023, with eCommerce websites taking up 22.3% of total retail sales. So, it was not a surprise that such a dynamic industry embraced the power of technology to streamline the supply chain system.
Today is the age of accelerated digital transformation and faster time-to-market. Technology and Artificial intelligence-driven automation streamline processes and workflows and reduce the scope of human errors. Similar to all other industries eCommerce and supply chain industry embraces automation to simplify the fulfillment processes. eCommerce fulfillment is a perfect blend of technology and business processes. Automation helps establish best practices to speed up processes, increase efficiency, and reduce human errors while saving time and cost.
eCommerce Fulfillment Automation
Automated eCommerce fulfillment helps you optimize your eCommerce store and supply chain system to increase customer satisfaction, drive sales, and reduce labor and fulfillment costs. It includes efficient inventory storage and management, picking and packing products, and final delivery of products.
ALSO READ: Another Amazon Leader, Sai Kotha, Joins XPDEL as Senior Vice President to Spearhead the Global Expansion of XPDEL’s Hi-tech Fulfillment & Logistics Network for Same/Next Day Delivery
It helps you create workflow efficiencies that leave you time to focus and strategize for business growth. The smarter decision is to engage a Third-party logistics provider that leverages an automated fulfillment process offering you a real-time dashboard to track your supply chain process. Their dashboard integrates all your sales channels and storefronts to provide accurate inventory levels and customer orders.
Reasons to Automate Order Fulfillment
Order fulfillment is one of the most crucial parts of the eCommerce business. With the massive growth of eCommerce, managing the order fulfillment process in-house or manually might cause errors in the fulfillment process, with customers receiving inaccurate orders or orders getting delayed.
Acknowledging the increasing and ever-changing customer demand and market dynamics, most eCommerce brands today embrace automated eCommerce fulfillment to focus on growing their business equipped with efficient order fulfillment processes that keep customers happy.
ALSO READ: eCommerce Risks Your Customers are Worried About
So, the reason to automate your eCommerce fulfillment lies in the business benefits it delivers with accurate and on-time order delivery.
Benefits of Automated Order Fulfillment
eCommerce fulfillment automation leverages a perfect blend of technology and business processes to develop a seamless fulfillment process from the placement of the order to its final delivery. Here are some of the benefits of automated eCommerce fulfillment:
- Warehouse Optimization. eCommerce fulfillment automation leverages a perfect blend of technology and business processes to develop a seamless fulfillment process from the placement of the order to its final delivery.
- Faster Order Processing. eCommerce fulfillment automation enables you to process orders faster through data-driven efficient management of the entire supply chain process. It is perfect during the Holiday rush when order volumes are very high.
- Reduce Cart Abandonment. Cart abandonment is a major issue for an eCommerce business. eCommerce fulfillment automation helps you combat this challenge by providing the data when a customer abandons the cart so you can take marketing steps to encourage customers to complete the order.
- Speedy Delivery. eCommerce landscape is changing every day along with the change in customer expectations and behavior. Fulfillment automation streamlines the complete workflow and processes to enable faster delivery that meets customer expectations.
- Enhanced Customer Experience. Today, when 86% of customers are ready to pay more for a better customer experience, it is the major driver for any eCommerce brand. Providing an amazing customer experience is no longer optional. Fulfillment automation enables you with the requisite data and insights to improve customer experience.
- Efficient Returns Management. Return management is an integral part of eCommerce order fulfillment. Today, customers first check your returns policies before making a purchase decision. Automated fulfillment enables you to provide seamless return management for customer retention.
Ultimately, automation helps us reduce manual efforts by taking care of repetitive, redundant manual efforts, thus saving time and reducing the scope of human errors. With the latest drive-in digital technology to simplify our lives, it’s no wonder that eCommerce fulfillment will embrace automation to deliver top-class customer experience by enhancing business process efficiency. It is smart to hire a professional Third-party Logistics provider to help you with automated fulfillment. However, always be careful while making the selection for your business requirement.
Not just another 3PL provider, XPDEL is a growth enabler. We are a leading hi-tech Fulfillment and Logistics company supporting Direct to Consumer (D2C) and Business to Business (B2B) supply chains. Our widespread network of Fulfillment centers enables us to handle nationwide delivery in the US efficiently. Data analytics is at the heart of our 3PL services, powered by advanced technology and led by industry experts.